Sunday, April 26, 2009

Quit?

Have we quit? Or is it just me? I read God's word 2 days this week. Please please no applause. So what? Yeah, that's pathetic but I guess that's what I wanted. You know, as soon as you want to give up on working on your Christianity, you get just that. It's one of the easiest things you can do. Hey, I'm doing it right now. It is a battle. Honestly it's like me hanging on monkey bars...you just know that I won't last long at all. So be happy with it? No. I'm ashamed. It's ridiculous that I make such an embarrassing confession to y'all. How am I helping y'all? I need the help!

So what did I put before God's word. What was my desire each time I could have studied? Mine was browsing the internet & watching TV. I signed my ticket huh! I could have missed a 30 minute show once a day...but I did not. I must do different. I must change. I gained in what I "wanted" but lost in what I needed. It shows too....just ask Amy. I'm not the Christian she signed up to live with when I give God my scraps.

I am so proud of myself when I study. It makes me feel good and I end up thinking about God's message at various times throughout the day. When I don't read, I end up thinking about everything opposite of God's word.

So tomorrow is Sunday and I look to start anew. Join me. If you don't, I probably will have a tough time.

3 comments:

The Boyd Gang said...

Thanks for being so honest. I think that I just avoid reading the Bible because I don't want to think about it. I don't want to acknowledge the fact that I am luke warm. That I am not living according to God's word. I am with you Jorge. I will start anew and begin studying God's word.

Micah and Jennifer said...

I suck, too. I echo both of your sentiments. Today is a new day, and we can always start anew!

Karl McD. said...

Schedule has changed for me... I am still reading. I just have not been able to get on and blog.